TipsForSuccess: What to Do when You Feel Outraged

 

Blog Archive


What to Do When You Feel Outraged

Getting angry is the correct response in some situations. Yet blowing up and overreacting can ruin your relationships and success.

"WHO STOLE MY PEN!"

"STOP TELLING EVERYONE I HATE WORKING HERE!"

"I HEARD YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND AND SO I HATE YOUR GUTS!"

Jumping to the wrong conclusion and getting outraged can seriously damage your success.

"She never called me back so I guess she is rejecting my offer. SHE'S AN IDIOT!! I WON'T EVER WORK WITH HER AGAIN!"

Great Advice for Handling Anger

"Listen and question before you decide you're outraged." -- L. Ron Hubbard


By listening and questioning, you find the correct problem and see a better solution.

"Has anyone seen my pen?"

"Did you tell Joe I hate working here?"

"Did you change your mind?"

"Will you accept my offer?"

By listening and questioning, you learn the truth.

In most cases, you will not feel outraged after you listen and question.

Give it a try!
 


Copyright © 2007 TipsForSuccess.org. All rights reserved. Grateful acknowledgment is made to L. Ron Hubbard Library for permission to reproduce selections from the copyrighted works of L. Ron Hubbard.

Take better control of your life with the TipsForSuccess coaching website at www.TipsForSuccessCoaching.org.

For permission to copy, print or post this article, go to www.tipsforsuccess.org/reprint_info.htm or click here.

To subscribe, buy books, contact us or learn more about TipsForSuccess.org, click here.