TipsForSuccess: No Excuses


No-Excuses Living Roman general Julius Caesar liked to land his ships on enemy territory, unload his troops and then burn the ships. He eliminated all means of retreat. His army had no choice but to win, which they did. You have the power to choose excuses or solutions. If you prefer excuses, you have low production and stress. If you persist until you achieve your goals, you win the supreme test. "THE SUPREME TEST OF A PERSON IS HIS ABILITY TO MAKE THINGS GO RIGHT." "This, of course, is a rather savage and brutal datum for it thrusts aside all justification, reasonableness, excuses and even does not take into account the size or obstacles of the opposition." "People who explain how wrong it is all going and who have reasons why and WHO AREN'T PUTTING IT RIGHT are the real crazy people in the universe. The only ones crazier than they are, are the ones who are quite happy to have everything fail and go wrong with no protest from them. And the only ones even worse are those who work endlessly to make things go wrong and prevent anything from going right and oppose all efforts instinctively. "Fortunately, there are a few around who DO make things go right in spite of everything and anyone." -- L. Ron Hubbard

Examples of Excuses Living Examples of No-Excuses Living
"My car was stolen and I have a cold. I'm taking the day off." "July and August are always bad months because of summer vacations." "I can't do any other projects right now because I'm switching to a new computer." "Profits are down because the new guy is too slow." "We can't fill more orders until we get a bigger space." "I can't . . . . " "I'm doing my best . . . " "I tried . . . " "Even though my car was stolen and I have a cold, I made it to work and will do a good job today." "If we do the marketing plan, July and August should show a 5% increase." "Give me those projects. I'll get them done." "I'll use my Saturdays to train the new guy." "I will find a bigger space by Friday. Meanwhile, let's work faster and add five hours to the schedule." "I will do whatever is necessary. . . " "Nothing will stop me." "I make it go right."

No-excuses living means you make it go right, no matter what goal you set. If you want a highly successful career, you make it go right. If you want a successful business or group or department, you make it go right. You never give up, agree with excuses or whine. "Make it go right" applies to any area of your life. If you want a wonderful marriage, you get one despite any failure or obstacle. If you want to be a successful parent, you do the same thing. To succeed in anything, you get educated. You communicate. You get assistance. You face and handle obstacles. You persist until you succeed. What is the biggest problem you have ever confronted in life? If you had to solve that problem or go to jail, what would you do? You would find a way. You would focus your attention into present time. You would make orderly progress. You would not avoid the issue, but you would dive in. You would not accept excuses. You would increase your knowledge, responsibility and control. You would ignore the losses and make the wins firm. You would pass the supreme test and make it go right!


Copyright © 2006 TipsForSuccess.org. All rights reserved. Grateful acknowledgment is made to L. Ron Hubbard Library for permission to reproduce selections from the copyrighted works of L. Ron Hubbard.

Take better control of your life with the TipsForSuccess coaching website at www.TipsForSuccessCoaching.org.

For permission to copy, print or post this article, go to www.tipsforsuccess.org/reprint_info.htm or click here.

To subscribe, buy books, contact us or learn more about TipsForSuccess.org, click here.

Blog Archive